With the fresh start of the month, I am here happy to announce that I have been chosen as one of the Design Team members of the Peek-A-boo designs India from July’16 to Dec’16. I am all set to have fun crafting time with the other awesome DT members.
On the first day of the new release of the July products, we bring to you a new challenge for this month too. Hop on to their blog for more details.
The theme of the challenge is LAYERS.
You can layer your creation with anything may it be stamping or dies or may be a combination of both.
So, here I am with my two projects for July challenge inspiration.
My first project is with the stamp set that I have designed for the Peek-A-Boo : Humming blossoms. And I couldn’t resist myself from trying this first. The steps that I have followed for making this card go on like this…
1. Embossed the flourish from the stamp set with white embossing powder and masked it and again stamp it to the down to make it a good bunch of flowers.
2. Colored it with distress inks and the background too.
3. Splattered some distress ink (artistry ink – Ocean reef) on the background.
4. Meanwhile stamped and colored the humming bird and fussy cut the same. Stuck the bird with the double tape on the background.
5. Stamped the sentiment from the same set with Black Archival ink.
6. Finished it with some pink sequins.
Take a closer look
For my second project too, I have selected a stamp set that I have designed- Bold Butterflies. It is best suited for the mixed media crafters but the CAS crafters also cant ignore this.
1. Embossed the background white with Swirly Time.
2. Colored the background with different distress inks by blending it together.
3. Cut it manually for the shape in between.
4. Embossed the bold butterflies with Princess Gold and Enchanted gold on a vellum and fussy cut it.
5. Finally the border inside with the stamp “Its Plaid time”.
Take a look…
I hope you like it and I am pretty sure you all will love this month’s release.
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting people :)