Friday 22 April 2016

One stamp two cards

Hi everyone again,

This is my second post of the day and yes of the month. Looking to the challenge theme of Peek A boo design and others, I tried my hand on another card set using same stamp set.

Peek-A-Boo design's Big bloom Chrysanthemum stamp set is a complete one in itself. I choose this stamp for my second set of cards.

This time I am going with some light soothing colors. For the first card I stamped the Floral design on a pink Card stock and embossed it white finishing it with a lil water color touch of crimson to give a nice shaded effect.

On the other hand, stamped the same and embossed white and colored it with Festive Berries of Distress ink.




 And did the fussy cut with the flower-

I used the sentiment from the peek-a boo designs and finished it up with some rhinestones and baker's twine of lawn fawn.

Take a final look


 For the second card, I did the masking technique that I learnt previous month playing along with Paru's Card making chllenges. I stamped the flowers from the same stamp set and masked it; repeated the technique covering the full area of the card front and embossed it with white.

With the transparent water folios, I did the Ombre tone using violet, crimson and flesh tint, blending it well.



I placed it on a card stock cutting it into strips, placed a sentiment cut, cut out manually :P and did my hand lettering a bit (for the BIRTHDAY)

and its done!

And see how it looks together.



I would like to share this with:
1.Parus card making challenges

2. Peek-a-boodesigns
3. Wordartwednesday
4. Time out challenge
5. Simon says stampblog
Thanks for stopping by :)

Love
Ria

18 comments:

  1. Such pretty cards and I love the colors you chose! Thanks for taking the Time Out to play with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for lining up at WAW this week - beautiful work! - blessings Gail DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! I love that brilliant, red flower! Thanks so much for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Beautiful Thanks for joining us at the PABD challenges
    DT Sharada Dilip

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards ..did you really cut that happy word manually ..if so that's amazing and so so neat !! loved the red flower & Bg u created using PABD stamps !!
    Thanks again for sharing your beautiful projects with us @ Peek-a-Boo Designs !! DT**

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks shalu so much *love*
      Yes I cut it manually with a paper cutter :)

      Delete
  6. Both cards are just gorgeous - a beautiful stamp and I love how you created those backgrounds with it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill

    ReplyDelete